Saturday 19 October 2013

The Roses



I’ve had a frantic couple of weeks.  My workload has been pretty hefty.  There were quite a few late nights.  I have courses launching in Melbourne Sydney and Brisbane and  I’ve been juggling all of this with family issues,  client deadlines and my own health issues as well.

Feeling exhausted and a little flat I stopped for that all important mid morning cuppa and as Melbourne had decided to throw on a spectacular sunny spring day for a change, I decided I might take my beverage out into the garden for a bit.  What a great idea that turned out to be.

As I sat there in my seat letting the breeze blow through my hair and my soul .  I smelt the roses blooming in my garden I realised just how much I needed this short break and maybe I should start scheduling these moments into my hectic day.  Sometimes it is just great to STOP.  Not do anything.  Just let the wind blow.  I could literally feel the “calm” start to settle in.  Sometimes we all need to “stop and smell the roses”.

Life is hectic.  Running a business is at times a high pressure environment.  Clarity of thought is important when making important decisions and sometimes with the pace of work we don’t have the space for clear thinking. Keeping your head in the game sometimes means taking your head OUT of the game, just for 5 or 10 minutes.  Feel yourself breath, feel the sun on your skin.  Smell those Roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment